Thursday, February 10, 2011

proverbs

Hello, how are you doing? I’ve finished my final exams today!! I am pleased and my spring vacation has come!! I have a lot of things to do during spring vacation and I’m going to go England in spring vacation. I’m looking forward my travel so I try to study English until I go there.



To day I’ll write about proverbs so try guess the proverbs of meanings which I give you in Japanese.

No, 1
You are better off not knowing

In this phrase, I want to keep in mind the using of “better off”
Better off means on other words that “Make better” or “go well”
This formative will be useful.



No, 2
The early bird catches the worm

Worm means insects. In Japanese, this phrase has some meanings. This is connected with waking up early.

Try guessing meanings of these phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment