Friday, December 3, 2010

What's the merit of listening English songs.

These days my hobby is listening music in English and translating them in Japanese.

The late my favorite singers are Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Madonna.
Do you know them?
And my favorite music are “Love story”, “You belong with me” of Taylor, “One time” of Justin, “Hot N Cold” of Katy Perry and “Material girl” of Madonna.
At first, I was hard to catch an ear for foreign languages and understand them but now I can do that when I got used to.

The way of improving listening skill with using English music has a merit.
It is that you can understand combinations and dropouts of sounds. Also you get various expressions while you get into music.
When you imitate the song’s features, you can understand them.
So listening music is good way of studying English.

2 comments:

  1. I think that listening to music to improve English skill is good if you do it actively. But another method is listening to Podcasts that are of interest to you. There are many podcasts for English learning. In fact, I have a group of students here your school who do an English podcast. Here's the address:
    http://pukradio.podbean.com/
    Why don't you give them a listen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mana:p
    I love taylor swift, and always liten her songs these days. I think that it is good way not only to listen English music but also to sing them.

    ReplyDelete