Thursday, January 6, 2011

proverbs

● way for writing and reading.


Hello, everyone. Happy New Year! I hope this year will be a wonderful for you!


Today, I found some proverbs. Probably, also to Japanese, they may know these proverbs.

First, do you know this meaning?

"We never meet without a parting."

I think that this is a familiar one in Japan. Meeting a lot of people connects with new world and you will get a lot of chances. However we must experience parting as many as meeting. So I convince this phrase.

Next is this one.
"There is no royal road to learning"
This is the best proverb which I convinced.
In this year, I also try to study English hard and steadily.

Last is He that falls today may rise tomorrow

This means  “Nanakorobi Yaoki” in Japanese. Do you know?


We know some proverbs in Japanese but if we can understand them in English, we will be interested in them more. So I also want to find some English proverbs.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Mana,
    Can you explain these proverbs a little more? How do they apply to life? How can they help you in studying Enlgish? Also, your posts are a little drab (only words.) How about spicing them up a bit!

    ReplyDelete