Friday, October 22, 2010

Vocaburary

● way for memorizing English words

Now I’m studying English to pass STEP quasi- 1st grade [STEPSociety for Testing English Proficiency] and to improve my scores of TOEIC.
In those tests, a lot of difficult words appear and I need to learn more words. However I’m weak in memorizing English words.
So today, I researched how to appreciate memorize English words.

At first, on learning words, it is important for you to increase your familiar words which are not difficult and easy to read. That would be pointless if you can’t use the words which you learn.
Practice is the most important.
So you learned some words, then use actually in your life or read phrases or short sentences where the words are used. It is also good to check the right how to use in dictionaries.
Also you had better memorize opposite meaning and closing meaning while you learn a word. On this way, you can get more acquaintance.

There are a lot of good ways for this. So I will try to check them frequently.

2 comments:

  1. Mana, my daughters just did the STEP test pre 1. We don't know their results yet, but they were quite surprised at the vocabulary needed after they finished the test. They said it wasn't at all what they had practiced before the test. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at memorizing English words too. It took a lot of time to do and there are so vast words that it just goes on forever. But words are important to improve our English skill... Let's try it together!

    ReplyDelete