Friday, October 22, 2010

Phrase of love

● Way for speaking and writing

Yesterday, I found some interesting and funny expressions in English. This posting is about of love!!
When you meet the person you love, you will be pulsated. This is a phrase for the time like that.

A: I heard you met your ex-boyfriend at the department store the other day.
B: Yes. When I saw him, I felt my heart twinge.

Twinge means like be excited or heart’s ache. In Japan, we use a expression “Doki-Doki.” Twinge is same meaning to it and twinge includes the meaning of pain in heart or head.

Other example,

A: Are you seeing anyone?
B: Yes. I'm head-over-heels in love with John.

Head – over – heels means hand standing, so this phrase stands for be so deeply in love each other as to hand stand.

Also there is a phrase like this.

A: Isn't it strange that Yoko and Bob are looking at each other like that?
B: Don't you know? They are an item.

We can consider item as a word show love in this sentence. The word “item” is used to as meaning of being so much in love.

It is interesting. I want to know more!

9 comments:

  1. I'm interested in English love words, too!lol
    I didn't know such words you stated. They are very interesting!! I'm looking forward to your next posting:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some very interesting phrases Mana. Have you tried using them in the real world yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting! You should try using those phrases to your boyfriend!w

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in Phrase of love.
    The expression I like is `obsessed with.`
    For example is Don't you think you're getting a little obbsessed with him?'
    I've said that to my friend many times.w

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about this:
    I would rather have had One breath of her hair,One kiss from her mouth,One touch of her hand,Than eternity without it.
    or this:
    A friend is someone who can sing you the song of
    your heart when you've forgotten it.
    and this:
    To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best
    It seems there are many ways to look at love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Risa
    I think so too, love has a lot of expressions. I'm interested in looking up them. So I'm glad to get your interest on this posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Mr. Jeff
    I empathized phrases which you gave me. Especially I like the phrase "A friend is someone~" the best. They were good for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Yuko.
    I can't use these phrases for my boyfriend x( because I'm shy.ww
    If you were I, can you give them for your boyfriened? ww

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Satona.
    Thank you for your comment.
    The phrase you gave me will be useful. This is nice expression! I try to use this from now.

    ReplyDelete