Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daily conversation

● Speaking

I want to speak English more fluently. However it is so difficult for me. I often can tell foreigners what I want to say.
I can image in things I will say my head but I can’t express them in English. This situation makes me sad and irritate.

The other day, I found that phrases which I use in conversation with foreigners are often incorrect. Of course, The best thing I should do is trying to speak and tell what I want to say with various expression and gestures.


But I want to improve my expression little by little.
 For example, (This time, I’m posting expressions which be used in daily conversation.)

“” What time is it now?” “Do you have the time?”
“What’s your name?” ”I’m Mana. And you are…?”
“I haven’t seen you for many years” “How have you been?” “Long time no see.”
“Good bye” “See you!” “See you around.”


Like this. I want to know easy expressions more and more.

1 comment:

  1. I think there are many ways to study these kinds of things. Of course, there is no real substitute for an immersion experience, but if you can't do that, you can do focused movie watching. By that I mean, watch an English movie of your choice with the focus of listening for certain modes of expression such as greetings. When you hear someone in the movie greet another person, write it down along with a description of the situation, then try it yourself in a real-life situation. Of course you may make mistakes, but mistakes are necessary for you to adjust you language to a natural postition.

    ReplyDelete