Sunday, January 23, 2011

Interesting Expressions 1

Various expressions is always useful. I’m not good at using them, and when I talk with foreigners, I tend to talk with her or him in a rut. I want to talk with them naturally!

Today, I found an interesting English phrase. It is this phrase.

“What’s eating to you?”


When you see a boy or girl who is in a bad humor, you may say this phrase.
This phrase’s meaning is like “What’s wrong with you?”
When I saw this, I thought that this phrase is used in eating time. But! When I understand this real meaning, I wanted to try to use this actually.


Also, how do you say “taking a quick nap” in another way?

“Take (catch) forty winks”

 is same this. You can both these 2 phrases, but I think that various expressions will help you when you want to tell what you want to say.

“Forty winks” is interesting expression. I want to try these in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment