Friday, January 21, 2011

Twitter

Do you know Twitter? Twitter is a international website which offers a social networking and micro blogging service. If you have account of Twitter, you can send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are limited to 140 letters and these tweets can be seen by only followers. Followers are the people are registered by system of follow and follower can check and answer tweets. Message senders can restrict message delivery to just their followers.
Twitter is used in all over the world and has gained popularity worldwide and currently more that 175 million users.



Recently, I found an article which is about Twitter. The article says that 5 languages used on Twitter are English, Japanese, Portuguese, Malay and Spanish and among these languages, English occupies 50% of messages. Japanese is 14% and the second language.

According to this article, English is common in many countries and important way to communication. Twitter is new communication system and we can talk with foreigners through it more and more. English is need in new system in various fields. So I thought that I wanted to study English more and more.

1 comment:

  1. I once had a twitter account when it first started, but it seemed strange to me so I closed the account. I have a Myspace, Facebook and Blog account though. I think that all social networks should be more integrated. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete